While updating the QuickBooks Payroll, users may regularly encounter the issue of QuickBooks Error 15240 which may obstruct the task. While working on QuickBooks Payroll, it is necessary for users to update to attain the benefits of the new feature and this error will not allow doing so.
What are the main reasons behind QuickBooks Error 15240 & are there any ideas to tackle the purpose of this error efficiently?
Causes due to the QuickBooks Error 15240
There are several reasons which allow this error to pop out and they are classified as follows:
- Payroll Updates: As mentioned earlier, this error usually occurs when the system fails to download the QuickBooks payroll updates which may arise due to poor internet connectivity or crashed system. An error message will come up depicting the error for the same.
- Firewall Settings: This error may also occur due to change firewall settings which may not allow downloading the newest update. The change in firewall settings blocks all the necessary files considering it as a threat to the system.
- Date and Time Settings: Users might encounter this error when they deliberately change the settings of date and time. Due to this, they might face this error while deciding to update the QuickBooks Payroll.
Effects of the QuickBooks Error 15240
- Due to this error, users might face multiple issues in updating QuickBooks Payroll and listed as below:
- New Features and Updates: This error might cost users with the latest updates which may include bug-free approach. Hence, it will be a disadvantage for those users who frequently use QuickBooks Payroll.
- Software: This error may result in improper functioning of the software which may affect the work as well as time management.
Solutions to the QuickBooks Error 15240
There are many ways to fix this error problem, and these are as follows:
QuickBooks Administrator: It is advisable for users to switch their preference as an Administrator. Users need to click on Run as Administrator after right-clicking the QuickBooks icon.
Date and Time Settings: Users need to crosscheck whether the given date and time is correct or not. For that, they need first to select the time display along with the system tray. After this step, they need to click on Change date and time settings.
Adding Windows Permission: Users need to follow these steps for adding the permission to the QuickBooks Installation folders. These are as follows:
Close the QuickBooks Desktop.
There, they should navigate the address C:\ Program Files\ and then select Properties by right-clicking the Intuit Folder.
Users should then ensure to click on the Security tab and then advanced button. After that, they need to check whether the owner of the Intuit folder should be the User group for claiming the ownership of the folder.
After that, users must try and download the update.
Internet Explorer Settings: Users must check and verify the setting by following the below procedure:
Click Internet Options given on the tools menu.
Users need to select the advanced tab.
Then they should select SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0.
Users should then click on apply and ok.
Third-party Firewall: Users must ensure that the firewall accepts the qbw32.exe and qbupdate.exe files for the quick update. Also, they must ensure that ports 80 and 443 aren’t disabled. For further settings regarding QuickBooks Payroll, they must consult the third-party firewall.
Users must follow the above steps wisely to fix the QuickBooks error 15240. Users may take help from Intuit QuickBooks Community Forum given in the official site. For any other queries, they can contact QuickBooks Technical Support at 1-800-593-0163.