When you are trying to access company file in QuickBooks, an error code appears i.e., Error 6000, 83. This error usually happens when you are attempting to open, backup and restore your company file. This type of QuickBooks Error occurs when you do not have sufficient permission to access the folder. You must have sufficient access for this activity.
Why QuickBooks Error 6000, 83 Happens?
QuickBooks Error 6000, 83 code says “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company File.” There are several reasons for this error:
- Incomplete installation process.
- You may have a damaged company (.qbw) file, which causes this fatal error.
- The folder in which you company file is located, either corrupted or damaged.
- You may have some missing files during installation process.
- You may have insufficient permission for your network server or windows server.
6. Either your server does not have the permission to access your company file.
- You are trying to host your company file from more than one computer.
- Your windows may have different language than English.
- Hosting is enabled on both server and on one workstation.
- You current security software is blocking your company file from the server where your company file is located.
How to fix it?
There are so many troubleshooting steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, 83 . The solution depends on the action which you were taking so that the error occurred. Some of the possibilities are listed below:
- During opening your company file:
If you are storing your company file on a window server, copy it and save it in desktop during troubleshooting. It is more effective than fix it in network. Once the troubleshooting has been done, place your file back to its original location.
If you are storing your company file on a Linux server, first of all you have to verify the connection. If the error cannot be found in this step, then edit the hosts file.
- During Restoring your company file:
If the error occurs during restoring the company file, try to change the extension if the file (restored) extension is .qbm or .qbw.adr. By default the restored file extension is .qbw. If you still find an error, then check your file name and file path for your problems. Normally this application prefers the full file name and path instead of the short path description. Apart from this, if the file is not Mapped Network Drive, try to access the file using UNC path.
- During Backup Creation:
Create a new file folder in C drive. Create a backup folder and save it in the new file folder in C drive.
QuickBooks Error interrupts your entire computing knowledge. It is completely true, but the online support services offer on the spot computer solutions to get your device back to a usual working state. Read Below to know how you can avail services from Quickbooks Technical Support Number @ 1-800-593-0163.
There are so many troubleshooting steps to resolve this QuickBooks Error. The solution depends on the action which you were taking so that the error occurred.
This type of error occurs when QuickBooks is trying to access the company file on a Linux server.