QuickBooks Error Code: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized
You may see this error while performing various tasks in QuickBooks Desktop. This error indicates that your version of QuickBooks is not updated to the latest release. To know more about this error you can also contact us on QuickBooks Support Number.
When this error occurs the following message shows on the screen:
“The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Request is unauthorized.
Do you want to log in again.”
This error mainly occurs when you are attempting to:
- Log in to My Company or the Accountant ToolBox
- Registration at the time of installation
- Send a Payment to all related Invoices and a few other tasks
Please click on NO, when you see this message on your screen. Now in order to resolve this error you have to update your QuickBooks to the latest version. To update your QuickBooks to the latest version Contact QuickBooks Support.
To ensure that your version of QuickBooks is updated to the latest release you can contact us..
Here are some steps to update your QuickBooks manually, if you face any issue you contact us immediately.
Steps to download and install QuickBooks release updates:
Sometimes you need to make minor changes in the data base to updating to a new release (example: R3P to R5P).
Please Note: These changes will not make the data file incompatible to the earlier updates.
Steps to update manually:
Option 1: Download the software from the internet
Follow the steps to download:
- Go to the Downloads & Updates page.
- Select your QuickBooks product from the Select Product drop-down.
- Select the appropriate version or year from the select version drop-down.
- Click on Search.
- Click on Get the latest updates, and then Save/Save File to download the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Double-click to install the update as soon as the download completes.
- To finish the installation process need to restart Windows.
To manually install updates across your network, you can:
- From another computer, access the install file on your computer; or
- First copy the installed file to a flash drive, and then copy it to the desktop of another computer.
And if you face a problem contact QuickBooks Support.
To get rid of error code 401 in QuickBooks call on QuickBooks support number toll free no. 1-800-593-0163. Also, you can write to us at [email protected]. Our team of technical support executives is 24* 7 available and at your service. Feel free to reach us. Our team will analyze your issues properly and provide you with the best solution possible.For more information visit, www.quickbookpayrollsupports.com.