In this article you will learn how to create scheduled payrolls in QuickBooks. To know more call QuickBooks Payroll Support.
Steps to schedule payroll in QuickBooks Online Full Service Payroll
1. SELECT THE EMPLOYEES TO PAY AND START YOUR PAYROLL
• Select Workers in the left navigation bar.
• Click on Employees.
• Click on Run payroll.
• Select a pay schedule if prompted to and then click on Continue.
• Choose the appropriate Pay period on the Enter employee pay details page, along with the Pay date — the date which you want to print on the check or pay stub.
• The list of employees is automatically selected, you can add a missing employee if you want to.
If you want, track your payroll expenses by the type of job or service and by location or departments:
1. Select the hours link To open the Add compensation, select the hours link. The tracking details for this pay check will also open.
2. Select a class, job, pay item and the service item, such as Regular Pay.
3. For each job, class, or service item, enter the number of hours.
4. For each type of pay or number of hours, select Add another pay line.
5. Select Save.
On the Enter Employee Details page, the total number of hours appears.
Include additional pay items to this check for the pay period, like vacation, reimbursement and others on the Enter Employee Details page.
Part 2 — Submit your payroll after entering employee hours , pay types , and preview
• Enter hours in the appropriate columns for each hourly employee, such as Regular Pay Hrs, OT Hrs, or Holiday Pay Hrs. It depends on what you’ve set up for the employee. Hours are already filled in if the employee’s hours were entered on a time sheet.)
Note: To separate minutes from the hours, use a colon for example 30:25 for 30 hours and 25 minutes. Minutes can also be entered as decimals, such as 35.75 for 35 hours and 45 minutes.
• Enter the dollar amount according to the need types of pay such as Commission or Reimbursement.
• Click the Gear icon on the right side of the page if you need to review or enter more details than the columns you see.
By checking the boxes next to the columns you want to see you can show more columns. What will happen if some deductions or pay types are missing?
• Click on Preview payroll.
• Click on Submit payroll.
When you submit a Payroll:
Start processing any direct deposit paychecks.
Start printing any manual paychecks.
If you find any errors after payroll is submitted, Call QuickBooks Support immediately by calling on 1-800-593-0163.