There are many QuickBooks errors that may occur while using QuickBooks software and your task may get badly interrupted. These errors usually become critical when you are not perfectly aware of the cause and solution of the QuickBooks error code -6000, -77 or any other errors.
Anyway, you need not get worried if you are getting QuickBooks errors code -6000, -77. As per the Intuit, this error code usually occurs while trying to open a company file. However, there are many other causes which are responsible for this error.
These possible causes for this error are:
- The file of the company is located on eternal drive rather your system local network drive
- QuickBooks using mapped drive to open the company file
- The security software Bit Defender may be blocking communication while running QuickBooks with multi-user mode
- Inaccurate folder permission for the folder where company file is located
Troubleshooting steps to resolve QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -77
Resolving this error is quite simple, so you need not take much pressure on your mind. You just need to follow these steps as shown below:
- First download and run the file QuickBooks File Doctor
- Change the name of .ND and .TLG files
- Open the folder that contains the file of your company
- Look for the file name same as the file of your company, but with the extensions .TLG and .ND
- Right click on the .ND or .TLG file and select to rename it. Now, add the word “.old” just after the file extension and then press enter.
- Instead of using mapped drive use UNC path
- On your desktop screen, right click on the QuickBooks icon and then while pressing the Ctrl key from your keyboard, just select “Run as Administrator”. Now, hold down the Ctrl key until you find the No Company Open Window.
- Now, go to the File menu and click on “Open or Restore Company”.
- Open the company file and then click on Next.
- Go to the left Pane and click on network
- Now, select the file of the company and click on Open
- Configure the security software and firewall on your system
- Find and recreate the damaged folder
- Go to your C:/drive and create a new folder
- Open the folder where you have saved your company file
- Now, locate the .qbw file and right click to select the copy
- Open the new folder, right click on it and then select the Paste
- Allow your Windows to share the company files
- Open the QuickBooks desktop and then open the file using the new location
Following these above steps, you can instantly get rid of the QuickBooks errors 6000 77. However, if you still find trouble, you can call the QuickBooks customer support number to have the fast and accurate solution for the QuickBooks issues.