QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 1300 signifies about the invalid data signature. This error usually appears while doing re-installation of POS version 7 on Windows XP. It is the most fatal error that usually appears while installing the latest updates of POS. While updating the software this error occurs with the display as POS Error code 1300.
The error occurs due to the digital signature assigned to the cab files in the background. These signatures are dated as according to the system date and usually come under the Windows error. So, to fix the damage data cab file, it is recommended to uninstall the POS software.
Here, are the few simple steps that you can easily follow to fix the QuickBooks point of sale error 1330. So, let’s look at that:
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 1300
- Download the updates for Point of Sale software
- Shut down the complete services and processes as:
- First, open the Task Manager
- Go to the tab Processes
- Shut down the processes like qbpos.exe, QBPOSDBService.exe, QBPOSShell.exe etc.
- End up the POS services QB POS Database Manager vXX, where XX refers to the software version you are using.
- First search for services.msc
- Go to the Services window
- Search for the QBPOS Database Manager
- End up the complete POS services
- Close the services window
- Delete the data of the update folder product
- Click on Start
- Select open Windows Explorer
- Click on show hidden Windows folders
- In the left window search as “C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Intuit/QuickBooks POS xx/Update
- Now, click a file > Choose Delete > Confirm to delete
- Follow this process until you empty the folder
- After completing the above process, close the Windows Explorer and update the POS services
In the case, if you still find the issues, you can restart your system in the selective startup mode and can update the QuickBooks POS using the external update file. You can now uninstall and can again reinstall the POS software. And, now you require updating Point of Sale software using external update file.
After doing all these solution tasks, if you are still finding trouble, you can contact QuickBooks POS Tech Support team to have all sorts of resolution for QuickBooks POS Error code 1300.