In this article you will learn to restore your backup company file to get you back in business! To know more about backing up company files call QuickBooks support USA.
Important: If you want to use your previous QuickBooks version once you convert it to a later version of QuickBooks. You can restore a backup file which you have created using that version.
Steps to restore a backup company file are listed below:
• Select Open or Restore Company from the File Menu.
• Click on Restore a backup copy, and then Next.
• Click on Local Backup, and then select next.
• Choose the location of the backup file from the Look In drop-down.
• From the folder, select the backup file. The file name should be [Company Name].qbb.
• Click on Open, and then select Next.
• Choose the location where you want to save the restored file from the Save in drop-down.
• Type a new file name in the File name field. Please Note: The Save as type field will automatically populate QuickBooks Files (*.QBW).
• Click on Save, before the restoration begins, carefully read and respond to any message.
How to restore a backup for earlier QuickBooks Desktop versions (2010 and prior)?
If you want to restore your company file with QuickBooks version prior to 2010 and you have a backup copy of your company file made with QuickBooks 2010 or later, you can use the Restore Backup For Earlier QuickBooks Version utility instead of using the standard Restore command.
Why you should use this tool?
There have been a significant change in the components that compresses and decompresses files between the later and earlier (prior to 2010) versions of QuickBooks. Due to this backup files become incompatible with different versions. To create a restored company file which can be opened in QuickBooks versions prior to 2010, this tool will use the company file backed up by QuickBooks version 2010 and later.
Please Note: This tool only works on the backup made during the previous conversion.
To use the tool:
• Select Utilities from the file menu
• Select Restore Backup for Earlier QuickBooks Version.
• To the Backup filename field, select the (…) button next.
• Select the backup company file, and then click on Open.
• Select the (…) button next to the Restored filename field.
• Select the folder where you want to save the restored company file from the Save in drop-down.
• Enter a unique name for the restored file in the file name field to avoid overwriting an existing company file, then click on Save.
• Click on OK.