QuickBooks point of sale support might come in handy when you encounter some unexpected errors while opening the POS application. These errors can be one of the following given below-
• “Unexpected error happened, please restart Point of Sale. Exception from HRESULT: 0x88980406
• Unexpected error happened. The error is: Value cannot be null. Parameter: s
• Unable to open the program through the Point of Sale icon
• Error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation
• Configuration system failed to initialize
• Error 100 database server not found “08w01″
• Error: 176120 invalid license key status, key denied
• Error: QBPOSShell has stopped working”
The above errors may occur due numerous reasons. They can be-
• Your computer might not be fulfilling the minimum system requirements for running the latest version of POS software
• It might be possible that the Point of Sale Database manager is not functioning effectively
• Lastly the Microsoft.NET framework might not be properly installed or it severly damaged.
For resolving the above errors, you can start by ensuring that you have installed all the latest point of sale software updates on your system. However, the noteworthy point here is that prior to finishing the updating process you may have to change the name of the Intuit Entitlement Client Folder. Browse to the product updates page, and ensure Point of Sale is chosen as your product. Now follow the protocols to install a Manual update. Post this you will have to reboot your system for an effective installation process.
You can also introduce a new windows user. For this you need to start by-
Clicking on the Windows Start button and press enter after writing User Accounts in search area
Now click on Manage user accounts and got to Manage another account.
Click on Create a new account and rename it the by the name of Test. Select Administrator for the user type.
Now, Log off Windows and sign in as the user which you generated. Attempt to access Point of Sale again. If the error remains, make an attempt by toggling your UAC settings.
Another solution which can be implemented is to restart the QB POS shell. For this you need to first
• End operations of Point of Sale and hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
• If required, go to Start Task Manager.
• Browse to the Processes tab and click the Image Name, column title for sorting it in an alphabetical manner.
• Now Right-click on QBPOSShell.exe to End Process.
• Now close the Task Manager and attempt re-opening the Point of Sale.
The last solution is to uninstall/reinstall the .Net framework and point of sale software. You can implement this step by browsing to programs & features and selecting Microsoft .Net framework. Now click on uninstall and make sure you reboot your system after this process. You can download the .Net framework from the Microsoft’s official website. After that you can reinstall the POS software. Reboot your system amd you will be good to go.
In case you encounter any doubts, errors regarding the above set of protocols, feel free to reach out at QuickBooks point of sale support. Dial 1-800-593-0163 today amd get prompt resolution of your queries.