Once you decided to erase bank downloads in QuickBooks, the first thing that should be kept in your mind is that you have to check which QuickBooks version you are using. Generally user are facing troubling situations when they are required to deal with removing bank downloads. For those users QuickBooks Technical Support is provided in step to step guide form to tackle the situation.
Note: Users of QuickBooks 2009 or 2010 versions can skip the given steps if they want.
1st Step: In the banking menu under Online Banking section, Click on ‘Add Transactions to QuickBooks Window’>>Select Item to Delete.
After this case you will find two options
• Either Click on ‘Select Individual Transactions’ for deleting incorrect entries.
• Or, Click on ‘Select All Downloaded Transactions Older Than’ to find the date prior to the download.
2nd Step: Next task is to recognize errors that are taking place as a result of credit card statement download. Users with older versions have to follow from 2nd step to 6th Step.
• The bank format may be compatible enough for downloading the transactions but their customer and vendor identification may not be same as saved in QuickBooks files. In this case there is the existence of ‘Exxon Store No. 987654’ error.
• Another error may occur when you are required to enter multiple entries. If you are trying to enter any transaction by manual mean then downloading the statement at the later stage can lead to the duplication of manual transactions that are already entered, often with different vendor or customer names.
3rd Step: Now you need to create a backup file. This depend on the type of QuickBooks version you are using, at the beginning of the downloading bank statement, a warning window will pop up to suggest you to make a backup file. This is the important requirement of later versions. The best part is to create a backup before downloading and saving it, either on an external hard drive or a flash drive.
4th Step: If you can find the latest backup version, in case of not getting any warning box due to the presence of error already generated due to bank download. You can locate this by
• Using ‘Search’ and type ‘.qbb’. And note the dates that are created for using them to make a prior bank backup.
• This will erase all entries that are made on the day of backup and the day of bank download.
5th Step: Enter manual corrections. If you are having no of entries and then only thing left is erase all download and try to correct them manually. Newer versions users can see step 6.
• To perform this look for amount duplication check, deposits and other transactions.
• You may have to delete some Receive Payments transactions and begin again.
6th Step: The best option is to restore backup file. For this
• Open QuickBooks and when your company files opens, close it through Close Company File.
• Click on Open or Restore Company and then Restore Backup.
• When it prompts you to enter the open from where, choosing your external hard drive is the best open.
• Choose to save it at the same location of the corrupted file.
• Warning box will open up by letting you know that there is already a file with the same name in the same location. Saving the back at the same place will delete the older file.
• Select yes and see your file will be back as good as new.
In case of any assistance related to QuickBooks Support Number for Erasing Bank Download, you can call at 1-800-593-0163.