You can cancel your QuickBooks Online subscription or trial version with the help of this article. Go ahead with the article and make sure that you read and follow all the instructions given below. In case you face a problem in canceling your QuickBooks online subscription call our QuickBooks support team.
Please note the following, before you cancel your company:
• Make sure you are signed into your QuickBooks Company as the Company Administrator or Master Administrator.
• If you purchased your subscription from your accountant, Contact your accountant if you have purchased your subscription from your accountant before you cancel as the steps are different from the steps discussed below.
• Before you can cancel make sure you clear all your e-payments and direct deposits, in case of a payroll subscription.
• Re-subscribe your suspended account before you cancel it.
• Print or save reports or QuickBooks online forms that you might need or have access to in the future.
• Export your data to QuickBooks Desktop if you are converting to QuickBooks Desktop.
Steps to Cancel your Paid or Trial Subscription
To cancel your paid or trial subscriptions take a note of the following steps-
1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online Account. Reset your password before proceeding if you are unable to sign-in or login to your account.
2. Click on the Gear icon and then select Account and Settings.
3. Choose the Billing & Subscription option. If you are unable to see the Billing & Subscription option, you may be using QuickBooks Online Accountant (QBOA). In such cases, the user reaches out to their Accountant or if you are the Accountant, contact QuickBooks support for help.
4. In the QuickBooks section, choose Cancel if it is a paid subscription or Cancel Trial if you are using a trial.
5. Click on Continue to cancel twice.
6. Answer the exit survey questions, scroll downwards and click on Continue to cancel to cancel your QuickBooks subscription.
And it’s done! You’ll receive an email from the administrator of your account that confirming the cancellation of your QuickBooks Online subscription plan.
What happens to QuickBooks Data after Cancellation of Subscription?
For one year after you cancel your subscription, you have a read-only access to your QuickBooks online data. There are certain reasons that change the length of time for your data availability:
• Your data is available for 90 days if you cancel during a free trial or if your trial expires
• You have 14 days to update your billing information if your credit card is declined. During this period can access your account fully. After 14 days, your account gets suspended and you will have to re-subscribe to gain access to your data.
In case you are facing a problem in canceling your QuickBooks online subscription or have queries regarding the same, you can contact us on QuickBooks support number 1-800-593-0163.