For a smooth QuickBooks user experience, you will have to Upgrade or convert your company file to a new QuickBooks Desktop version. Taking assistance from the QuickBooks technical support team would help you to achieve this seamless transition. If you recently have installed the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop, implement the following protocols for making your company file compatible with the latest version of QB.
However, there are some points which you should keep in mind before moving forward with this conversion.
• Solely the Admin user is authorized to update the QuickBooks company file.
• Converting your company file to the latest version over a network is not advised.
• On finishing the upgrade, a company file is not compatible with the previous versions.
• Pro/Premier data files which are converted to Enterprise versions can no longer be accessed in Pro/Premier.
• Enterprise company files will solely work in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise version.
• The file can be rebuilt and verified to make sure that you achieve a smooth upgrade.
If you have any queries regarding the above information or you require clarification about the nature of your company file, you may contact the QuickBooks technical support helpline number which is 1-800-593-0163.
Moving on, For upgrading or conversion your company file to a newer version,
• Access your latest version of QuickBooks Desktop.
• Browse to the File menu and then choose Open or Restore Company.
• Choose Open a company file and then click on Next.
• Mark your data file and open it.
The key point to remember here is that If you find “Move Company File window” prompts on screen, you have to execute the following protocols.
Read the details in the Update Company File for an upgraded Version pane. Verify the box to understand that you are aware about it, and then select Update Now.
Follow the protocols on how to back up your file. Remember the location of your saved file. When You are attempting to access a company file via the latest version of QuickBooks… If, “Do you want to continue?” Prompts, choose Yes.
Now, on successful conversion of your file to the latest version:
• Secure the backup you generated at a safe location until you are sure that you won’t be needing it again.
• If your file was copied from an another system, make a copy of the file in the system it was firstly copied from.
• If you are not able to locate your data file in its initial location or in the specific folder, try to find in your hard drive for *.QBW files. Take a quick View by “Display hidden files and folders” and you can also find the files using Windows for detailed information.
• Also, in case you have QuickBooks Desktop Payroll associated, cross check your payroll service and browse to the Employees menu then choose My Payroll Service > Account/Billing Information.
For any further doubts, errors, or clarification on the above steps, call the QuickBooks technical support number, i.e. 1-800-593-0163 at the earliest.