Want to recover your deleted transactions in QuickBooks in a shortcut way then let me clear you that there is no shortcut. If you have deleted your transaction mistakenly from your bookkeeping account then you cannot recover it as it is, although there is a way for it.
In case you have deleted or alter any entry by mistake then you can recover the details of the entry through audit log. If there is any kind of data loss, then entries can be recovered through file backup.
As already said above that, once you have deleted your entry you cannot undo it, but you can use Audit log to make it work out.
*Please note that the above method is only applicable when you have already saved your transactions. Although you won’t be able to create deleted transaction report, we can help you in recover few parts of it.*
Use of Audit Log in recovering lost information?
1. Login to your QuickBooks dashboard and click on the settings tab.
2. Click on audit trail option, from the drop-down menu
3. Now select the filter tab and the data according to date and activity type. Select the date range on which you think that the transaction was deleted. If you are unable to remember the date then you can even generate weekly or that monthly report. Once the dates are set, then click on refresh button and all the entries would be displayed.
4. Click on OK which appears on your system.
5. Now navigate the deleted transaction, but if you have entries from more than a year till yesterday then you will have loads of data. The best way is to click Ctrl+ F and type delete on it. This would help you to locate all your deleted entries.
6. From the history section of the current window, click on the view tab.
7. After clicking on view tab, you would be able to see everything related to transaction. That is on which date it was created, added by and all the edits that were done in that entry. I think this information would be sufficient for you to recover your data.
8. Now you can re-enter your transaction in this accounting software. If your bill was deleted then you can then you need to create the bill and same would be done in case of invoice and then you would have all the transaction.
If you have followed all the steps and still your problem is unresolved then it would be suggested to call QuickBooks support phone number @ 1-800-593-0163 where you would be connected to our pro advisors, without any waiting. Our technical team is highly qualified to resolve all the issues which you are unable to. And if you want us to guide you through every step then you are even welcome for this. Our experts are available 7 days in a week and 365 days in a year.