Error Code -6190, -816 can be understood and seen as “QuickBooks was unable to open the file [path] on the host computer.” This basically boils down to the fact that your company file is not in accessible condition. There may be plenty of reasons responsible for this.
The Transaction log file might not be compatible with the company file. The Transaction log file is the detailed report of transactions carried by the company and is by default saved by QuickBooks. It is saved as [company file name].qbw.tlg file. You can’t access it to alter this file into Company Data File (qbw). Therefore, when the “QBW” file is not compatible with its associated “TLG” file, the QuickBooks display error -6190, -816 on your computer screen.
There can also be a separate cause which is the update failure. When a company file is updated on a separate system while its transaction file remains the same, not updated, the computer screen will show error -6190, -816.
Another reason for having this error can be a different user might be attempting to access the company files in Single User Mode.
Lastly, a low probability reason for this error is nothing but corrupted data of the QuickBooks data file. Therefore it is important to track and understand the nature and scope of data corruption in QuickBooks.
If you still have any Query with regards to understanding what this error is and why is it showing up on your system, dial the QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1-800-593-0163. You will get expert advice on diagnosing and resolving the QuickBooks error code -6190, -816. In the meantime let’s look at the steps you can implement to fix this issue on your own.
Steps to fix error code -6190, -816
Prior to executing anything in your QuickBooks, ensure that your QuickBooks application is updated to the latest patch amd version. Implement the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to resolve this user query.
• Download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
• Install and run “QuickBooks File Doctor” tool.
• Make sure you are signed in as Administrator. If you are not logged in as the administrator, it will guide you to do the same.
• It will give you two options: Both “file damage with network connectivity”, or only the “Network connectivity”
• Choose the first option because it will analyze and locate the corrupted or damaged files while will fixing the error -619.
• After this, it will require a password from your end. Here, you should Enter your Admin password.
• Post entering your password, there will be a prompt asking whether the company file is on Workstation or Server
• Choose “Yes” if you’re accessing the company file on your server or “No” if you are accessing it from Workstation.
• Then Click on “Proceed.”
• Your results will be shown on the screen. It will by default scan and repair the corrupted company file.
If the error still persists, you can dial the QuickBooks Technical Support Number, 1-800-593-0163, and get prompt resolution for this particular Query. A team of seasoned professionals will take care of all your doubts pertaining to the Error Code -6190, -816.