In this article you will learn what to do when this message occurs on your screen:
We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem. Error codes: (-6000, -77).
To know call QuickBooks Error Support, or try the following solutions.
Solution 1: BY RENAMING .ND AND .TLG FILES
With the help of .ND and .TLG configuration files you can access the company file(s) in a network or in multi-user mode in QuickBooks Desktop. Errors can occur while opening QuickBooks Desktop if these files are Corrupted or damaged. These files automatically recreated when you open the company file or scan the company files using QuickBooks Database Server Manager if you rename these files. Hence, no data loss can occur.
• Select the folder containing your company file.
• Default Location: C:\Users\Public\Public
• Find files having the same file name as your company file but having .ND and .TLG extensions.
• For Example: company_file.qbw.nd, company_file.qbw.tlg
• Right-click on the .nd/.tlg file and choose Rename. After the file extension, add the word “.old” and press enter.
• For Example: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD, company_file.qbw.tlg.OLD
Solution 2: USE UNC PATH INSTEAD OF MAPPED DRIVE
• On your desktop, right-click the QuickBooks icon
• Now, press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then click on Run as Administrator. Until you have the No Company Open window, hold down the Ctrl key.
Please Note: To prevent QuickBooks Desktop from auto-opening a company file, hold down the Ctrl key.
• From the File menu, Select Open or Restore Company from the file menu
• Click on Open a company file
• Select Next.
• Select Network on the left pane and then navigate to the location of your company file.
Note: You may need to set folder permissions if you are unable to find the folder where the company file is saved.
• Click Open after selecting your company file.
Solution 5: RECREATE DAMAGED FOLDER
• On your C: drive create a new folder,.
• Open the folder in which the company file is saved.
• Find the .qbw file.
• For example: company_file.qbw
• Right-click on the .qbw files and then click on Copy.
• Paste the file in the new folder.
• To share company files, set Windows access permissions.
• Now, open your QuickBooks Desktop and click-open the file saved in the new location.
If the above given solution doesn’t help in resolving Quickbooks error -6000,-77 in QuickBooks, then you can directly contact QuickBooks Error Support for help. To call us dial our toll free number 1-800-593-0163 or contact us via mail on firstname.lastname@example.org . To know more about us visit https://www.quickbookpayrollsupports.com